The phone rings. I don't recognize the number. I say "Hello". The person on the other end barks "Who is this?" This chaffs me. Who do you THINK it is? Better yet, who the hell are YOU?
There are a few fun ways to deal with these infrequent calls.
1- Make up a name or simply say "it's me". See where much fun you can have with the other person.
2- Claim temporary amnesia and say "Hmm, I forgot"
3- Think of a famous person. Ed McMahon comes to mind. Err, nevermind- he passed in 2009.
Then you can go the usual routes with wrong phone numbers.
1- The person you're looking for has run away, aloped, been arrested, is in the middle of a bank holdup or just plain dead.
2- I found this phone. I'll meet you at a very inconvenient place to return it.
3- I'm the coroner / jailer. We were just about to put this phone in his personal belongings bag.
4- Impersonate the intended callee. Find out what's for dinner, if you need to bring home milk and bread or what their online banking PIN is. Or tell the person that you want to get married or break up. How about saying "I just won the lottery- can't talk long but pack your bags: we're flying to Aruba TONIGHT!"
Alas. I simply said to the person. "I think you have the wrong number."
PS- the wallpaper image is hops (for making beer)

No comments:
Post a Comment